Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Michelle Obama: "RE: 'The Fierce Urgency of Now'"

I was there.

I watched my husband electrify a crowd of more than 9,000 Iowa Democrats:

Barack at the Jefferson Jackson Dinner

https://donate.barackobama.com/reclaimaday

I've known Barack a long time, and it's clear to me when he's in his element.

Years ago, after we first met, he took me to an organizing meeting in a small church basement in Chicago. He was so comfortable and genuine speaking to folks in the community about the issues they faced that it moved me.

He moved me again last Saturday in Iowa.

This is exactly what he should be doing -- talking to ordinary people about the kind of change America needs, and encouraging everyone to come to the table to make it happen.

But as his wife, I also know when he's not in his element.

There's nothing Barack dislikes more about campaigning than asking people for money. Unfortunately, over the next few weeks, he's scheduled to travel all over the country on a series of fundraising trips.

You can get him back to doing what he does best. Act on David's message below and help reclaim a day of fundraising from Barack's calendar.

If we raise $850,000 on the Internet this week, Barack can eliminate a fundraising trip and head back to Iowa to build on the momentum he created this weekend.

If you haven't seen it yet, please watch his speech at the Jefferson-Jackson Dinner. It sums up a lot of the reasons we're running this campaign, and it's why I'm so passionate about this window of opportunity we have now. It was an incredible night, and that's why I'm heading back to Iowa tomorrow to build on our momentum.

Watch the video and make a donation of $25 now so Barack can share our message of change face-to-face with people of Iowa:

https://donate.barackobama.com/reclaimaday

Thank you,

Michelle

Donate

Howie P.S.: She gets me every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home