Wednesday, October 08, 2008

"8 Foo Fighters Songs McCain Should Use Instead of 'My Hero'" (with video)



Chris Kornelis (Seattle Weekly) with video (04:34):
Foo Fighters joined the ranks of Ann & Nancy Wilson of Heart this morning by not-so-discreetly asking Sen. John McCain to stop using their music to rally his troops. The Vietnam Veteran's anthem of choice, it turns out, has been "My Hero."

"The saddest thing about this is that 'My Hero' was written as a celebration of the common man and his extraordinary potential," Foo Fighters said in a press release. "To have it appropriated without our knowledge and used in a manner that perverts the original sentiment of the lyric just tarnishes the song. We hope that the McCain campaign will do the right thing and stop using our song—and start asking artists' permission in general!"

Today, we'd like to call on the McCain camp to do the right thing as well, and pick a more appropriate Foo Fighters tune on the stump. Here are a few recommendations.

8. “Hey, Johnny Park”

See, they already wrote a song for you.

Everything fades in time, it's true.

7. “Wind Up”

Sen. Temper, if you ever had a theme song, this is it.

Maybe I'll fall behind, but I don't mind because I'll catch up ... Spare me your questions because you know me so well/Someday you'll realize I get shy and choke up.

6. “The Pretender”

Maverick? Please. Straight Talk Express? COME ON!

In time, or so I'm told/I'm just another soul for sale.

5. “Oh, George”

Kinda speaks for itself, doesn't it?

4. “My Poor Brain'

You're right, probably better suited for Gov. Palin.

3. “Exhausted”

Of course you are. YOU'RE OLD!

2. “Alone + Easy Target”

So many members of the liberal media with so much to say. Must be tough. Plus, YOU'RE OLD!

1. “I'll Stick Around”

Gotta hand it to ya, fella, your campaign was left for dead, you championed an extremely unpopular military maneuver in Iraq that's often called “The. Surge.” and now you're one heartbeat away from making Sarah Palin the President of the United States of America.

I've taken all and I've endured/One day it all will fade, I'm sure.

H/t to Chris Kornelis.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home